Posted by Alee Natheil
بسم الرحمن الرحيم
The (DESPERATE SPUBS) say in their new speech,
"Rather it is the blind-followers of Yahyah in the West that are unknown, and that is even if they sign their own real names! And that is because they are unknown to the ulamah and unknown to the students of knowledge and the people of virtue, their trustworthiness is not established, and are therefore not to be accepted as being trustworthy, as is well known in the sciences of hadeeth. Rather, their attacks upon the people of virtue from the ulamah, shows they are not trustworthy at all, rather they are abandoned due to their enmity against the Scholars of hadeeth and Salafiyyah."
The brothers forgot that I, Ali Ibn Nathaniel Grays, acquired membership with them on Salafitalk.net in 2006. They allowed me to post numerous translations during this time. From these posts are the following which were advice to them, but they were too blind to see:
Getting a membership on Salafitalk was easy as 1, 2, 3. I just logged in and got a membership easily without anyone knowing me or anyone recommending me. If this was the situation with me, what about the hundreds of other members found on their site. I abandoned Salafitalk after I realized the deceptions of some of the administration (SPUBS). Below is the advice I sent them about 3 months ago requesting some immediate change in their behavior. There was only one other brother that knew about this advice. The brother works with SPUBS. I requested that if the brother saw any error in the advice to let me know, and I would go publicly and recant for anything written in the advice. The brother (a student) never wrote me back after requesting twice from him to check for any errors. I will never reveal the brother's identity because I am a man of my word, but if he reveals himself then that is upon him. After the advice, you will also see the response of SPUBS in which they didn't deny anything. Oh SPUBS, please stop duping are brothers and sisters in the West. Is the microphone and money that important? Fear Allah, my brothers and make TAUBA quickly.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
All praise belongs to Allah, the Lord of the Alameen. May praise and peace be upon the Messenger, his family, and his companions, and those that follow his guidance until the Day of Reckoning.
To Proceed: Brothers in Al-Islam, I write this letter following the statement of the Prophet (praise and peace be upon him), "The religion is advice. We said: For whom? He said: For Allah, and for His Book, and for His Messenger, and for the Imams of the Muslims and the common people." There are a few points that I would like to bring to your attention as advice to you, dear brothers in Al-Islam. We were commanded to change an evil if we see it, either with our hands, our speech, or our hearts. Calling to Allah was the occupation of the Prophets and Messengers, so there is no doubt about its virtues as Allah mentioned in the Quran,
"و من أحسن قولا ممن دعا إلى الله و عمل صالحا و قال إنّنى من المسلمين" سورة فصلت 33
"And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in His Oneness)," and then stands firm (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I am one of the Muslims." Surah Fussilat, 33
You have been working in the field of dawa for many years, and as you know the caller has to have certain qualities that can ensure the effectiveness in his efforts in calling to Allah. From the most important of these characteristics are: sincerity, knowledge, and honesty. Even if one of these qualities is absent, the credibility of the caller would be in question. The evidence for these qualities is known, but if you are not aware of them I will present them upon request.
For some time, I have had some concerns regarding your dawa efforts that should be immediately rectified. As you know, many of the salafees in the states and UK do not have access to the scholars or students of knowledge except through you and the callers in the states, so what ever information you feed them that is all they will possess. Some of the things that I have witnessed are:
1. Some of you continue to give lectures, classes, and write refutations without meeting the requirements that were agreed upon with Shaikh Muhammad ibn Haadee Al-Madkhali in 1426. You may have recommendations for your salafiyah but where are your recommendations for desiminateing knowledge from a known shaikh (first and foremost) that is familiar with your knowledge or a recognized Islamic institution? We should not use general recommendations for our salafiyah to gain a platform to give lectures or classes. Many people have traveled to the ulema to gain these praises only to return to their country and use these recommendations to dupe the people and push their personal agendas. I'm not accusing you of this, but it should be mentioned because this is a reality. May Allah grant me and you the Tawfeeq!
2. Removing post from Salafitalk.net without giving any excuses or in some cases tampering with someone's original post and then posting it. Brothers, this can be extremely deceptive. Spubs are part of the administration on the forum, so you are responsible for what people posts on that website. For example, someone posted a message from Abu Abdul- Alaa Khalid Uthman, from Egypt, in which he said Shaikh Majdi Sultan, Shaikh Abu Bakr Maahir, and Muhammad Ibrahim were on the way of the Hadaadees without any proofs at all, this was followed by a link to Salafyink, where the original post came from. This post stayed up about a month or more, and then it was removed. Why? There should be an explanation to the reason this post was removed either by the one that posted it or the administration because people will spread this speech believing that these brothers are Hadaadees without any proof except Khalid Uthman said it, and that is not proof at all. Our brother, Majdi Sultan, sat with the Ulema in Saudi for fifteen years, graduated from Dar-Hadeeth, received many ijaazaat from different Ulema, received recommendations for his knowledge and not just his salafiyah, so to spread a jarh without any proofs especially from an individual (Khalid Uthman) who just sat with the Mashaayikh on Umrah only is unjust.
Another example is in the section – IN DEFENSE OF the SCHOLARS- you posted (Sh.Rabee: Whoever attacks Sh.Ubaid follows the Path of the Devils). I was concerned that people would feel this statement was recent, and they may begin to feel that it was directed towards Shaikh Yahya, so I posted: (this is my original post) "Due to current issues, it would be beneficial to know when this statement was made because there isn't a date on the post. Is it old or new? Because some brothers may unjustly say that this is a refutation of a certain Shaykh. BarakAllaah Feekum." The admin. took out "Due to current issues.... and, Because some brothers may unjustly say that this is a refutation of a certain Shaykh" and posted the rest. That is the reason you replied with the following:
Then you removed my post completely. Brothers, remember we have to narrate with precision, by doing this you're not just tampering with a person's speech but also your credibility. It is better for you not to post the speech than to tamper with it and then post it. My dear brothers fear Allah in all your affairs and make your worship strictly for Allah!
3. Not clearly making apparent your retractions from your mistakes. When you promoted your new book "The Rise of the Jihadist Extremism in the West", it was a sticky and stayed up for a while for everyone to see. You even had an infomercial – like advertisement for it, which was extremely disturbing because it seem like you were using the dawa to make pounds/dollars.
When you were exposed for plagiarizing, you wrote this small font retraction and did not make it a sticky, rather you placed it at the end (last page #11) of the original post as if it's not that important. Akwan, it seems that you were more concerned about making money than making tawba. Allah said,
سورة التحريم 8 " ...يا أيّها الذين ءامنوا توبوا إل الله توبة نصوحا "
" O you who believe, Turn to Allah with sincere repentance" Surat- Tahreem, 8
Follow the footsteps of the Ulema like: Shaikh Muqbil , Shaikh Rabee, and others who made their retractions as clear as the sun, because this is a sign of sincerity and desiring rectification, InshaAllah this will do nothing but raise you in rank. May Allah give you the Tawfeeq!
4. Not being completely honest about your position between Shaikh Yahya and Shaikh Ubaid. Brothers, there were two occasions in which I translated some beneficial points from Shaikh Yahya, but you did not post it, and this was before he openly refuted SPUBS. The section In Defense of the Scholars should be renamed In Defense of Sh. Ubaid al-Jaabiree. Just like people have said things about Shaikh Ubaid, people have also said things about Shaikh Yahya, but you were in no rush to defend him. This shows that your position was already confirmed before he refuted you. I am not here to convince you to take a specific position, that deserves another letter, but I am here to encourage you to be honest about the position you have taken. Once again, these are things that can cause your credibility to diminish with the people. May Allah give you the Tawfeeq!
5. You should leave the lands of the kuffar and come to the lands of the Muslims. Even if you follow the opinion that it is permissible to reside in the lands of the kuffar if you can practice your deen, why would you want to raise your family in that environment? The ulema and students of knowledge are here in the Muslim world. You and your families should be present here to learn your deen, so you can worship Allah upon insight, not around the defenders of kufr and homosexuality. Yes, it can be difficult at times living in the Muslim lands, but there is so much virtue and reward in making hijrah. You can still do dawa by returning in the summer or over the internet, so save yourselves and your families from the Hellfire. Lastly, always ask Allah for guidance in your affairs because this was the way of the Prophets and Messengers. The Prophet (praise and peace be upon him) used to say, "Allahumma, guide me with the ones you have guided" and" O Changer of hearts, make my heart firm upon this deen". May Allah grant us the Tawfeeq.
Ali ibn Nathaniel Grays
9 Rajab 1432 H/june 10, 2011
SPUBS' REPLY via email
In the name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy.
As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaah wa barakaatuh,
Your email has been noted.
Where your advice is applicable it will be implemented. And where it is not applicable, it will be discarded.
** Please do not reply to this email **
Was-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaah wa barakaatuh.